Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Hi...

I'm finding it hard to get my brain in a position to write anything of interest today (the title of this post should be some indication of this fact), so I'm going to keep it simple. In fact, I'm just going to make a list...

1. It was a great holiday weekend! Mrs. Ha-Ha and I stayed at a Marriott resort north of the city and spent most of our time baking by the pools...It was a great getaway that will hopefully keep us going until our big vacation next month (we're going to LA and Vegas!)!

2. I'm still working hard on the SSCCG, which is becoming increasingly larger, hotter to hold (the 90 degree weather certainly doesn't help with that), and slower going. It's all exactly what I would expect from a project of this size, but it is hard to maintain my focus sometimes...Then I think of the the happy couple cuddling under it, and it does make it easier to keep on working!

3. This is my second to last full week at my current job, and that is a really strange feeling. I am guessing that it's going to continue feeling strange until I start the new job and settle in a little bit. I'm looking forward to starting and moving on with this new chapter in my career!

4. I am contemplating starting another yarn diet. I haven't bought too much yarn recently (I did go to Stitches, so I picked up some new yarn), but I have a lot already and it seems like a good time to try and use some of it. That said, I am thinking that I would allow myself to save up for one more sweater's worth of yarn (I'm really wanting to make some garments right now, and I really don't have beyond one sweater's worth of yarn at this point) and I would still accept any yarn gifts that happened to come my way. If I follow through with this, then I think that I would at least set it up to last six months. I'm still turning this over in my head at the moment, so we'll see if it comes to pass...Of course, the fact that I even mentioned it here means that I'm probably going to do it because I'm going to want everybody to hold me accountable!

Well, that's all that I can think of right now...I really do think that I might have baked my brain a little too much this weekend! Have a good day...

2 comments:

Knitting it Out in an Urban Zoo said...

Okay, lady. What can I do to help?

dog lover said...

Baked brain, mmmmm. I hope the transition is going well - is this really the time to go on a yarn diet?????