Friday, September 14, 2007

Running on fumes...

Well, I didn't expect for it to take that long to get back here, but it has been a pretty crazy week! It's been my last full week at my current job before I start my new job...That doesn't quite mean that I will be done with my current job as I am putting four more Saturdays in there to take care of my last clients. I'm definitely feeling excited about starting the new job, but also a little nervous which is pretty typical for me...I haven't knit a single stitch this week, which is typically my therapy, so I hope to get some in over the weekend. I think that could help me to feel more relaxed about starting the new gig...

Mrs. Ha-Ha and I are visiting her parents for the 2007 Pumpkin Festival this weekend. My mom is also joining us for the event, so it will be a big family weekend...It also means that we get to eat pumpkin pancakes tomorrow morning! Yum!

I haven't made much progress this week on the SSCCG...I'll blame it on the craziness of the week, but I also feel the pressure to get on with it so that I can have it done in a timely manner. It's probably a bad sign that people have started to remind me that it's still okay to give a commitment ceremony/wedding gift within 12 months of the event. I really hope that I don't have to apply that old rule of etiquette...

I've spent a little time on what sweater I might want to make with the yarn that I'm going to allow myself to purchase during the big diet...I have been thinking of Morrigan from "No Sheep For You" or the Threepenny Pullover by Veronik Avery (in Interweave Knits Fall 2004). But I'll continue the search for a little while because I might as well enjoy the planning and then purchasing of my last yarn until May of next year...

Well, there are chores to be done before I can leave this afternoon for Pumpkin fun so I had better get on with it. I hope that all of you have a great weekend!

3 comments:

dog lover said...

I'm hoping you've been able to knit a stitch or two - we don't want to see any nasty knitting withdrawal symptoms!!!

I like your plan of making the picking out and planning of the sweater last a while. Anticipation truly is half the fun.

Knitting it Out in an Urban Zoo said...

Hope your first week at the new job is great!

Knitting it Out in an Urban Zoo said...

mandy mandy where can you be? you must be so busy getting ready for LA and starting a new job...miss you!!