Monday, August 13, 2007

Hey there...

Welcome to my new blog! To introduce myself, I am the Mandy referred to in the title...And the title of this blog refers to the dollhouse that my grandfather built for me when I was little. It was yellow with white trim and huge! I loved that dollhouse! It's still stored at my mom's house so I'll take a picture of it at some point and post it here for everyone to admire. In any case, he painted the address on the house as "523 Mandy Lane," which is a combination of my name and my birthday. I recently thought about that dollhouse and imagined that if I could have such a house that it would be filled with my yarn, cats, and girlfriend...I would have limitless time to knit and relax in that place because it could be exactly as I wanted (you have to love that about imaginary places). So, for me, it's the official representation of my perfect knitting getaway and now the title of this blog...

Primarily, I think that this will be about my knitting, though I'm sure that some other crafty pursuits could find their way into my posts...Not to mention my cats and my girlfriend (who will likely be called Mrs. Ha-Ha, which is a combination of our last names and wish to be married, but she is still deciding on her blog name). At this point, I am going to make a concerted effort to leave my work out of this blog, but you never know what might slip in here...

Oh, by the way, I don't have a digital camera at this point, so there are likely to be very few pictures, some pictures of rather poor quality (gotta love the cell phone camera), and perhaps a few great pictures taken one of my knitting friends. I am going to be getting a camera soon, so hang in there with me...I know that these things are much better with pictures and I will take care of that soon.


Well, I'll be back soon...

2 comments:

Chicago Sarah said...

bwa ha ha...we hooked you! :) welcome

Anonymous said...

Welcome to Blogland! Glad to have you here.