Wednesday, August 15, 2007

The never-ending knitting project queue...

Since this is a knitting blog, I thought it would make sense to run through my current projects so that we're all caught up...First, and most importantly at the moment, I am working on a gift for some friends who are having their commitment ceremony in September. I am not sure if Mrs. Ha-Ha (she's decided to stick with that name, by the way) has told them about this blog, so I will have to get that information before I can tell you more about the gift. In any case, I'm scrambling with this one because I am starting to feel the time rushing on by...Let's hope that this one gets done on time! Second, I have the languishing Wren wrap sweater which I started at the beginning of the summer and haven't touched a whole lot since. This one deserves some attention soon, but I'm not sure if it's going to get it. Third, I am working on a baby hat and booties for a coworker of Mrs. Ha-Ha's who is expecting her first child in December. I'll admit that I wouldn't typically make a baby gift for someone who I don't know very well, but I really wanted to give these patterns a try...The last languishing works in progress are socks for my brother and Mrs. Ha-Ha. My brother's are standard top down socks and Mrs. Ha-Ha's are toe up (Priscilla Gibson Roberts style). That doesn't even begin to touch the knitting that I want to get done by Christmas...I made a vow that I wasn't going to do any knitted gifts for this Christmas, but somehow I can't seem to let a holiday go by without knitting something for Mrs. Ha-Ha. We'll see how that goes...Of course, my knitting ideas don't necessarily fit into the knitting time that I have available, so I'm just going to make myself exclusively focus on the secret commitment ceremony gift for now...We'll see how that goes! I'm going to take some crappy cell phone pictures of the projects that can be shown here, and I'll share them the next time around...In the meantime, have a great day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would be more than willing to stop by and blogtograph for you. You are far to talented a knitter to post cell phone pics. Think about it.