Saturday, August 25, 2007

The week in review...


I am starting to realize that all of those weeks that I've had in my life where nothing in particular happens (translate that to mean "boring") are the balance to the weeks in which everything possible changes. This past week brought a lot of changes in my life and I'm finding myself deep in the transition of it. Of course, as I mentioned earlier this week, I've gotten myself a new and exciting job, but I have to finish up at my current job before I can move on. Actually, it's not even that cut and dry. The two jobs will overlap because I want to give all of my clients the best possible opportunity to move through this change, too. It's hard and strange to manage my own experience of that while also attempting to help others to understand why I'm leaving. I know that it will all work out in the end, and that this is the best possible move for me right now, but it's still hard. As a result, I'm finding myself particularly grateful for Mrs. Ha-Ha (who always listens to me and supports me through these kinds of crazy transitions), my family, my friends, and my knitting therapy. It's really nice to allow myself to get a little lost in spending time with people that I enjoy and in my knitting projects over the weekend...It's just a little avoidance until the next work week starts, after all! By the way, the above picture is a cell phone picture of one of the cats in our little sun room where some of the avoidance takes place...


So, tomorrow my knitting group friend, Cynical Knitting Gal, is coming over to take nice pictures of my current projects! I'm really excited to finally have something to show all of you...And then we're heading to the yarn swap at Arcadia Knitting. I've gone through my books and yarn this morning, and have pulled out some items to take along with me. I have no idea if anybody will want to swap for anything that I've got, but I figure that I can just leave it for the charity donation if nothing is taken. That doesn't mean, however, that I am not hoping for some kind of exchange for yarn or goodies that I actually want to use! We'll see how it goes, and maybe I'll be able to report back with some new treasures to add to the stash.


Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Knitting it Out in an Urban Zoo said...

That is actually a nice photo! It is much more clear than my cell phone manages to take.

See you later today.

Chicago Sarah said...

Love your nest- thanks for the picture! Oh, and, btw I think you might find _someone_ to take some of your stash home. :)